Rosie Jetson is my kids' teacher

Although it's not typically my style to do reviews in the Break Room, I will occasionally do one if it means I am one step closer to world domination. Or if it helps my kids.  Or if I just want to do it.

Sidenote: Who would really want to have world domination? Yuck. I would have no clue how to boss Ghana, Chile, Sri Lanka, Orlando, Las Vegas, Buenos Aires, Kentucky, Santa Fe, Russia AND Compton, CA around all at the same time.




When K5 Learning contacted me to do a review, I folded. My chirren could always benefit from extra time spent on improving their reading and math skills.  K5 Learning is an online after-school study program for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Their goal is that the child will independently access their program to improve their reading, math and spelling skills. There is a Parent Dashboard where you can get the scoop on how your child is doing in all of those areas. After your child takes a short assessment that gauges their skills in phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, sight words, comprehension, numbers/operations, geometry and measurement, a program is created specifically for them. The next module they will work on is selected by K5 so that the child nor the parent has to figure all of that out.

Source


The reason I love it is because my 7-year-old can be independent with it.  It's just him and Rosie Jetson working out the math facts. I mean, I'm not all for robots replacing us as mothers, but...it's nice having Rosie Jetson's help with his homework sometimes. Lord knows she's horrible at helping me out around the house.  The least she can do is help step up his reading skills. Rosie has been helping him study his spelling words all year. He becomes less frustrated with her. If I was the one always doing the drilling, he'd yell out, "MOM, I DON'T KNOW!" or "Mom, I don't want to do this anymore!" or "Mom! Brush your hair!" (it's totally possible). With Rosie, I tell him he can finish studying it when he gets a 100 on the practice test WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE SPELLING WORD LIST (you have to watch that little stinker).

K5 Learning is obviously very simple to use or I wouldn't be able to handle it. I've got the IQ of a gnat. There is also a short 5-minute video to watch that makes it very easy to get started.

If this sounds interesting to you, you can go on their website HERE and sign up for a two week free trial. I will totally share Rosie with you. She comes with her own transportation (see the wheels on her feet?). I've actually been given a 6 week free trial to test and write a review of their program. If you are a blogger, you may want to check out their open invitation to write an online learning review of their program, too. If you decide to try it out, would you let them know that I referred you?  My name is KELLEY NETTLES.  Thanks, homies.

(By the way, all of these opinions are my own, of course, especially that one about not being able to rule Sri Lanka, which I just learned how to correctly pronounce a few years ago from my friend JP. I'd have absolutely no clue how to rule that place. No. Clue.)

Now, off to brush my hair... I'd ask Rosie to do it, but she's asleep.





The "Finding the Funny" link-up is still going on. If you have something funny that you'd like for us to read, go HERE. We share lots of the posts on Pinterest and Twitter. The ones that have been clicked the most get to be featured during next week's round.